ING Corporate Finance Amsterdam is the Dutch investment banking division of ING Bank NV. With a history stretching back some 200 years, ING is a leading international bank which offers an extensive portfolio of products and services to clients throughout the world.
The ING Corporate Finance division contains both M&A advisory and Equity Capital Markets (responsible for IPOs, equity raisings, etc.) and brings together over 140 professionals worldwide. As an international bank with a strong Dutch heritage, the heart of ING’s advisory business is located in Amsterdam, where we support our clients both in local markets as well as in cross-border transactions. ING Corporate Finance has topped the Benelux league tables for a number of consecutive years, both in terms of number of transactions as well as in total transaction values. Furthermore, it was awarded with numerous awards, including Benelux M&A advisor of the year by the Financial Times and Best Investment Bank in the Netherlands by both Global Finance and Euromoney.
ING Corporate Finance offers tailored services for transactions such as:
• M&A advisory for private or listed companies
• Public-to-private transactions
• Fairness opinions
• Financial restructuring
The team in Amsterdam, consisting of 40-50 professionals, seeks highly motivated students for a four-month internship. The internship is on a full-time basis only and can be started throughout the year.
What can you expect?
You can expect a challenge, as we offer you the opportunity to immediately integrate in the Corporate Finance team of the leading Benelux bank. You will participate in research, various analyses and day-to-day transaction executions at all levels of Corporate Finance and work in a broad spectrum of industries, countries and types of financial operations. You will operate in a highly dynamic and international working environment. To support your work you will get the opportunity to attend various internal trainings. All these items will highly contribute to a strong personal development in analytical expertise, commercial skills and actual transaction experience. The internship provides a unique opportunity to start an international financial career at the highest level.
• Master or Bachelor (third year bachelor) student with high interest in Corporate Finance and M&A
• Problem analysis and judgment
• International (open for both international and Dutch candidates)
• High ambition/ energy level
• Attention to detail (accuracy)
• Perseverance (work weeks up to 80 hours)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Fluency in business English is required and oral proficiency in Dutch preferred
• Willingness to work in Amsterdam
• Ability to work under pressure, without losing your sense of humour!